- conscious perception.
- the act or process of apperceiving.
Origin of apperception
Related Words for apperceptionthought, head, perception, talent, power, consciousness, brain, genius, attention, mentality, soul, intellect, psyche, imagination, sense, instinct, wisdom, judgment, spirit, admission
Examples from the Web for apperception
Historical Examples of apperception
The line of use, by habit of apperception, becomes the line of beauty.
Apperception, 96 et seq.Arabic inscriptions as ornament, 195.
The "a priori unity of apperception" is an unreality compared with this reality.The Complex Vision
John Cowper Powys
In this case the apperception is soon completed; it does not give enough to do.
And this requires a higher grade and greater facility of apperception.
- the attainment of full awareness of a sensation or idea
- the act or process of apperceiving
1753, from French aperception (17c.), from German Apperzeption (or Latin apperceptionem), coined by German mathematician and philosopher Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz (1646-1716) as noun corresponding to French apercevoir "perceive, notice, become aware of" (11c., from Latin ad "to" (see ad-) + percipere; see perceive) on analogy of Perzeption/percevoir.
- Conscious perception with full awareness.comprehension
- The process of understanding by which newly observed qualities of an object are related to past experience.