- a person who has swiftly gained wealth, status, success, or fame.
Origin of arrivé
- to come to a certain place during or after a journey; reach a destination
- (foll by at) to agree upon; reachto arrive at a decision
- to occur eventuallythe moment arrived when pretence was useless
- informal (of a baby) to be born
- informal to attain success or gain recognition
Word Origin and History for arrivé
c.1200, "reach land, reach the end of a journey by sea," from Anglo-French ariver, Old French ariver (11c.) "to come to land," from Vulgar Latin *arripare "to touch the shore," from Latin ad ripam "to the shore," from ad "to" (see ad-) + ripa "shore" (see riparian). The original notion is of coming ashore after a long voyage. Of journeys other than by sea, from late 14c. Sense of "to come to a position or state of mind" is from late 14c. Related: Arrived; arriving.