- ash-colored; pale; wan: an ashy complexion.
- of or resembling ashes: an ashy residue.
- sprinkled or covered with ashes.
Origin of ashy
Examples from the Web for ashy
Historical Examples of ashy
That face, now ashy white, was distorted into a diabolical grin.Howard Pyle's Book of Pirates
His face was worn and ashy, but his eyes burned with a piteous fire.The Scapegoat
Her face, which had been flushed, was now ashy pale, and her lips were compressed.The Shadow of a Crime
Then it turned to an ashy tint; it lay over the church-yard.
Paul strode about the room in silence, ashy pale, his face convulsed and ugly.
- of a pale greyish colour; ashen
- consisting of, covered with, or resembling ash