- a category or interrelated set of categories for which the verb is inflected in some languages, typically to indicate the duration, repetition, completion, or quality of the action or state denoted by the verb.
- a set of syntactic devices, as in the English perfect with have in I have gone, with functions similar to such inflections.
- any of the members or instances of these categories or sets: the Latin perfect aspect; the Russian imperfect aspect.
- the meaning of, or meaning typical of, such a category or construction.
- such categories or constructions, or their meanings collectively.
- the angular distance between two points as seen from the earth, primarily derived by dividing the 360 degrees of the zodiac by the integers 1 through 12.
- the influence of any two planets or groups of planets located at such points.
QUIZ YOURSELF ON THE MANY TYPES OF NOUNS
Origin of aspect
synonym study for aspect
Words nearby aspect
Example sentences from the Web for aspect
Combine these to check whether keywords are popular over time, whether there’s just a specific spike, and if there are other aspects that consumers feel are important.A comprehensive guide on using Google Trends for keyword research|Aayush Gupta|February 12, 2021|Search Engine Watch
“It would be hard for me to be attached to something that was total basketball and didn’t try to address some of the other aspects of their life and their development,” Abdur-Rahim said.An NBA experiment lets draft prospects skip college, stay home and get paid to play|Michael Lee|February 11, 2021|Washington Post
They and other aspects of the committee’s relief package “will give Americans a sense of security in a time of overwhelming uncertainty,” he said.Affordable Care Act subsidies likely to increase under congressional plan|Amy Goldstein|February 11, 2021|Washington Post
Although the movie was well received, critics complained that it softened the harsher aspects of Flynt’s career and views toward women.Larry Flynt, pornographer and self-styled First Amendment champion, dies at 78|Paul W. Valentine|February 10, 2021|Washington Post
Go over their strategies and replicate certain aspects that seem relevant.A small business’ step-by-step guide to dominating local search in 2021|Joseph Dyson|February 10, 2021|Search Engine Watch
Coming into this trilogy, what was the scariest aspect of revisiting Middle-earth for you?‘No Regrets’: Peter Jackson Says Goodbye to Middle-Earth|Alex Suskind|December 4, 2014|DAILY BEAST
The skit also implies that executive orders are a new aspect of governance.SNL Parodies Schoolhouse Rock Hilariously, Gets A Lot Wrong|Jack Holmes, The Daily Beast Video|November 24, 2014|DAILY BEAST
What specific aspect of US foreign policy was changed for the better under her watch?
Think advanced unmanned vehicles, all-aspect, broadband stealth, and undersea warfare.The Pentagon May Finally Have a Plan to Keep America on Top|Bill Sweetman|November 3, 2014|DAILY BEAST
Similar to how Tyra taught me that I must know every aspect of my company, I must know every aspect of my personal finances.
She looked from the picture to her daughter, with a frightful glare, in their before mild aspect.
Her manner amazed him; it was so unlike the aspect of fair interpretation, with which she usually discussed a dubious subject.
To travelers blessed with golden sunshine, the Rhine may wear a grander, nobler aspect, and to such I leave it.
Little boys when decking themselves out with tall hat and monstrously big clothes seem to be trying to put on an alarming aspect.Children's Ways|James Sully
English Agriculture has a thorough and cleanly aspect which I have rarely observed elsewhere.
British Dictionary definitions for aspect
- the compass direction to which a plant habitat is exposed, or the degree of exposure
- the effect of the seasons on the appearance of plants