- a category or interrelated set of categories for which the verb is inflected in some languages, typically to indicate the duration, repetition, completion, or quality of the action or state denoted by the verb.
- a set of syntactic devices, as in the English perfect with have in I have gone, with functions similar to such inflections.
- any of the members or instances of these categories or sets: the Latin perfect aspect; the Russian imperfect aspect.
- the meaning of, or meaning typical of, such a category or construction.
- such categories or constructions, or their meanings collectively.
- the angular distance between two points as seen from the earth, primarily derived by dividing the 360 degrees of the zodiac by the integers 1 through 12.
- the influence of any two planets or groups of planets located at such points.
Words nearby aspect
Origin of aspect
synonym study for aspect
Examples from the Web for aspect
Similar to how Tyra taught me that I must know every aspect of my company, I must know every aspect of my personal finances.
That is the core problem, but the Obama administration is only dealing with one aspect of it, and in the smallest way possible.
The other aspect of it novel writing, though, was that it was much more intimate.David Cronenberg: Why Frustrated Novelists Hate the Screenplay|Craig Hubert|October 13, 2014|DAILY BEAST
Proving his far-right bona fides is just one aspect of the newly energized Roberts campaign.As Roberts and Orman Double Down, It’s War in Kansas|Eleanor Clift|October 1, 2014|DAILY BEAST
The immensely strong hold of the Bible Belt culture transcends nearly every aspect of lesbian life in southern Mississippi.
We seek for the origin of the savage factor of myth in one aspect of the intellectual condition of savages.Myth, Ritual, and Religion, Vol. 1|Andrew Lang
It would, indeed, in one aspect be a relief to her now, if she were so ashamed of him as she had appeared to be that day.A Changed Man and Other Tales|Thomas Hardy
The doctor kept his countenance and checked a smile which might have escaped most people at the aspect of the man.The Two Brothers|Honore de Balzac
The valley appears broad and hilly, and the vegetation assumes the aspect of the Hot Country.Unknown Mexico, Volume 1 (of 2)|Carl Lumholtz
In his leather clothes, and with his clanking sword ornament, his aspect carried the swagger of a brigand of old.Brigands of the Moon|Ray Cummings
British Dictionary definitions for aspect
- the compass direction to which a plant habitat is exposed, or the degree of exposure
- the effect of the seasons on the appearance of plants