- an apparatus or device employing suction.
- Hydraulics. a suction pump that operates by the pressure differential created by the high-speed flow of a fluid past an intake orifice.
- Medicine/Medical. an instrument for removing body fluids by suction.
Origin of aspirator
Examples from the Web for aspirator
Historical Examples of aspirator
There are several forms of aspirator; that invented by Brunner is perhaps one of the most convenient.
He grabbed for his aspirator, then tried to reach the airlock.Badge of Infamy
Lester del Rey
Aspirator, an instrument used to promote the flow of a gas from one vessel into another by means of a liquid.
When all diagnostic indications are at fault, the needle of the aspirator may decide the issue.
All doubt as to the nature of a given hydatid tumor of the liver may be set at rest by the use of the aspirator.
- a device employing suction, such as a jet pump or one for removing fluids from a body cavity
- An apparatus for removing fluid from a body cavity, consisting usually of a hollow needle and a cannula, connected by tubing to a container in which a vacuum is created by a syringe or a suction pump.