- an emotional bond between an infant or toddler and primary caregiver, a strong bond being vital for the child’s normal behavioral and social development.
- an enduring emotional bond that develops between one adult and another in an intimate relationship: romantic attachment.
TAKE THIS QUIZ TO SEE WHAT YOU KNOW ABOUT 2ND-3RD GRADE VOCAB FROM BOOKS!
Origin of attachment
synonym study for attachment
OTHER WORDS FROM attachment
Words nearby attachment
Example sentences from the Web for attachment
The problem with this attachment to a particular place, though, is that it can seem limiting.
The locals worship their ancestors, and their attachment to family land is almost visceral.
For those in the movement, this means cultivating an attachment to Israel while fostering critical thinking.Habonim Dror Cultivates A Sophisticated Take on Jewish Identity|Mira Sucharov|December 11, 2013|DAILY BEAST
Yet he made a rare exception for 'Ocean,' confirming his attachment to it.What the Leaked J.D. Salinger Stories Reveal About the Author|Andrew Romano|November 30, 2013|DAILY BEAST
The combination of emotional abuse and overt sexualization resulted in an attachment disorder.What Made Anders Behring Breivik a Mass Killer in Norway?|Aage Borchgrevink|November 24, 2013|DAILY BEAST
Whatever was the date or progress of the attachment, Southey was now engaged to be married.
The attachment for the home is very strong, and they take pride in large families which stick together.Bohemia under Hapsburg Misrule|Various
Believe in our attachment; and we shall see you here now and then, and correspond with you when you are away.Sandra Belloni, Complete|George Meredith
The rosette is affixed with a brass bolt, also for attachment, which must have extended through the front of the cap.American Military Insignia 1800-1851|J. Duncan Campbell and Edgar M. Howell.
His indifference was hard to bear; but so long as he assured her that he had formed no other attachment, she made no complaint.Mary Wollstonecraft|Elizabeth Robins Pennell
British Dictionary definitions for attachment
- the arrest of a person for disobedience to a court order
- the lawful seizure of property and placing of it under control of a court
- a writ authorizing such arrest or seizure