- providing pleasure or delight, especially in appearance or manner; pleasing; charming; alluring: an attractive personality.
- arousing interest or engaging one's thought, consideration, etc.: an attractive idea; an attractive price.
- having the quality of attracting.
Origin of attractive
Examples from the Web for attractiveness
She writes, “In your early 20s, you are at the peak of your attractiveness and your fertility.”Why Some Women Should Listen To Princeton Mom (But Not All Of Us)
March 12, 2014
Judges are looking for “style, obviously, educational value, laughs per second, attractiveness,” Black says.The Friskies Awards Aim to Find the Next Internet Cat Star October 15
September 22, 2013
I know, for example, that there's an internal Ethiopian hierarchy of attractiveness related to skin tone.Israel’s Ethiopian Beauty Queen Sparks Debate
April 12, 2013
And how common is an attractiveness gap in American couples?The Ugly Husbands Club
July 29, 2011
And at the height of my attractiveness they worked great for me.Kathleen Turner's New Broadway High
April 17, 2011
They say that she had color and attractiveness, although she was unusually shy and reserved.Herbert Hoover
This advent added much to the attractiveness of Long Key for me.Tales of Fishes
Thus will its utility and attractiveness both be well secured.A Book for All Readers
Ainsworth Rand Spofford
You could not suggest an attractiveness to the body or suggest any refinement to the manner.The Wedding Ring
T. De Witt Talmage
What did they mean by talking about the man's attractiveness?Half a Hero
- appealing to the senses or mind through beauty, form, character, etc
- arousing interestan attractive opportunity
- possessing the ability to draw or pullan attractive force
Word Origin and History for attractiveness
late 14c., "absorptive," from Middle French attractif (14c.), from attract-, past participle stem of attrahere (see attract). Meaning "having the quality of drawing people's eye or interest" is from 1580s; sense of "pleasing, alluring" is from c.1600. Related: Attractively; attractiveness.