- without blood: bloodless surgery.
- very pale: a bloodless face.
- free from bloodshed; accomplished without bloodshed: a bloodless victory; a bloodless coup.
- spiritless; without vigor, zest, or energy: a dull, insipid, bloodless young man.
- without emotion or feeling; cold-hearted: bloodless data.
Origin of bloodless
Related Words for bloodlessunemotional, anesthetic, cold, dull, impassive, indolent, insensible, insensitive, languid, lazy, lifeless, listless, slow, sluggish, spiritless, torpid, unkind, passionless, anemic, ashen
Examples from the Web for bloodless
Contemporary Examples of bloodless
He seems fleshless, bloodless; he might almost be a black man's parody of how a clean-cut white man moves.The Stacks: Pauline Kael's Talking Heads Obsession
November 22, 2014
At which point it becomes clear that we have entered a minimalist, bloodless horror movie.Scarlett Johansson is an Alien Seductress in ‘Under the Skin’
April 3, 2014
Then I felt an arm upon my shoulder, and Boris turned a bloodless face to mine.Read ‘The King in Yellow,’ the ‘True Detective’ Reference That’s the Key to the Show
Robert W. Chambers
February 20, 2014
His idea was to become modern, efficient and bloodless by using lethal injection.The Death Penalty’s Gruesome Truth
February 6, 2014
Winningly, though, Weaver was hardly some bloodless accountant.Earl Weaver, Baseball’s Brilliant Antagonist, Dies
January 20, 2013
Historical Examples of bloodless
The Welsh people, by bloodless victory, have won the respect of all mankind.Welsh Fairy Tales
William Elliott Griffis
Pale and bloodless was her cheek, and cold were those beauteous limbs.Gomez Arias
Joaqun Telesforo de Trueba y Coso
The Chief was still sitting there with that bloodless look when we marched in.Arm of the Law
Perhaps you picture me as bloodless and pulled down on this diet!The Stark Munro Letters
J. Stark Munro
Then her cheeks turned pale and her lips became white and bloodless.The Christian
- without blood
- conducted without violence (esp in the phrase bloodless revolution)
- anaemic-looking; pale
- lacking vitality; lifeless
- lacking in emotion; cold; unfeeling