[ book-mahrk ]
/ ˈbʊkˌmɑrk /
a ribbon or other marker placed between the pages of a book to mark a place.
- Also called favorite . a link to a website address saved electronically in a browser to facilitate quick access to the web page.
- an electronic pointer created in a computer file to facilitate quick access to a specific part of the text.
verb (used with object)
Digital Technology. to create a bookmark for: I bookmarked ten of my favorite blogs.
LEARN THE SPANISH WORDS FOR THESE COMMON ANIMALS!
Are you learning Spanish? Or do you just have an interest in foreign languages? Either way, this quiz on Spanish words for animals is for you.
Question 1 of 13
How do you say “cat” 🐈 in Spanish?
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2021
British Dictionary definitions for bookmark
/ (ˈbʊkˌmɑːk) /
Also called: bookmarker a strip or band of some material, such as leather or ribbon, put between the pages of a book to mark a place
- an address for a website stored on a computer so that the user can easily return to the site
- an identifier placed in a document so that part of the document can be accessed easily
- to identify and store (a website) so that one can return to it easily
- to place a bookmark in (a document)
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012