- causing or marked by boredom: a boring discussion; to have a boring time.
Origin of boring1
Synonyms for boringSee more synonyms for on Thesaurus.com
Related Words for boringnessinsipidness, dreariness, drabness, flatness, vapidity, insipidity, boringness, blandness, stodginess, dryness, dinginess, gloominess, gloom, melancholy, sadness, depression, dullness, forlornness, innocuousness
Examples from the Web for boringness
Contemporary Examples of boringness
Ian McEwan: Well, I think one way… I think you have to develop a carapace of boringness.Hanging Out with Ian McEwan: Full Transcript
The Daily Beast Video
April 14, 2010
- the act or process of making or enlarging a hole
- the hole made in this way
- (often plural) a fragment, particle, chip, etc, produced during boring
- dull; repetitious; uninteresting
Word Origin and History for boringness
mid-15c., "action of piercing," from bore (v.). From 1853 in reference to animals that bore; 1840 in the sense "wearying, causing ennui."