- a business account stating the owner's or shareholder's interest in the assets.
- capital accounts, Accounting. accounts showing the net worth in a business enterprise.
Origin of capital account
First recorded in 1890–95
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- economics that part of a balance of payments composed of movements of capital and international loans and grantsCompare current account (def. 2)
- accounting a financial statement showing the net value of a company at a specified date. It is defined as total assets minus total liabilities and represents ownership interests
- US an account of fixed assets
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012