- of, relating to, or characteristic of Chaucer's writings: Chaucerian wit.
- a scholar devoted to the study of Chaucer and his writings.
Origin of Chaucerian
Examples from the Web for chaucerian
Historical Examples of chaucerian
According to Mr. Brown, he is giving simply an expansion of the Chaucerian phrases.The Bruce
Chaucerian and other Pieces, being a Supplementary Volume to the above.Chaucer's Works, Volume 2 (of 7)
Our highlander often speaks in Elizabethan or Chaucerian or even pre-Chaucerian terms.Our Southern Highlanders
Here is no affectation of Chaucerian words; the gold is not spotted with rust.Amenities of Literature
The clever application of the Chaucerian verse to his own case was crushing.Aliens
- of, relating to, or characteristic of the writings of Geoffrey Chaucer
- an imitator of Chaucer, esp one of a group of 15th-century Scottish writers who took him as a model
- an admirer of Chaucer's works
- a specialist in the study or teaching of Chaucer