- interested or affected: concerned citizens.
- troubled or anxious: a concerned look.
- having a connection or involvement; participating: They arrested all those concerned in the kidnapping.
Origin of concerned
Related Words for concernedlykindly, cordially, gently, respectfully, graciously, amiably, attentively, tactfully, warily, delicately, thoroughly, laboriously, gingerly, faithfully, deliberately, correctly, fully, scrupulously, precisely, discreetly
Examples from the Web for concernedly
Historical Examples of concernedly
Yes, I do hope the noise wont keep Tommy awake, said Dan concernedly.Four Afloat
Ralph Henry Barbour
Then someone will worry until he is home again, said Norma concernedly.Natalie: A Garden Scout
Lillian Elizabeth Roy
"I hope they didn't go far," Mrs. Stanlock said, concernedly.Campfire Girls in the Allegheny Mountains
Stella M. Francis
- (postpositive) interested, guilty, involved, or appropriateI shall find the boy concerned and punish him
- worried, troubled, or solicitous