- the relative disposition or arrangement of the parts or elements of a thing.
- external form, as resulting from this; conformation.
- the relative position or aspect of heavenly bodies.
- a group of stars.
- Chemistry. an atomic spatial arrangement that is fixed by the chemical bonding in a molecule and that cannot be altered without breaking bonds (contrasted with conformation).
- the way a computer or computer system is put together; a specific set and arrangement of internal and external components, including hardware, software, and devices.
- the way a software program or device is set up for a particular computer, computer system, or task; the specific settings for a program or device: configuration of your email program to work with your new ISP.
Origin of configuration
Examples from the Web for configurational
Historical Examples of configurational
Nevertheless, the game has a configurational nature: the aim is to maintain the ball in the air for as long as possible.
Visual representation, as opposed to language expression, attains coherence as a whole, and the whole is configurational.
This is why their sequentiality conflicts with subjects of configurational condition.
- the arrangement of the parts of something
- the external form or outline achieved by such an arrangement
- physics chem
- Also called: conformationthe shape of a molecule as determined by the arrangement of its atoms
- the structure of an atom or molecule as determined by the arrangement of its electrons and nucleons
- psychol the unit or pattern in perception studied by Gestalt psychologists
- computing the particular choice of hardware items and their interconnection that make up a particular computer system
Word Origin for configuration
Word Origin and History for configurational
1550s, from Latin configurationem (nominative configuratio), noun of action from past participle stem of configurare (see configure).
- The arrangement of parts or elements of a whole, especially the structural arrangement of atoms in a compound or molecule.