IT’S A WORD OF THE DAY QUIZ BONANZA!
Origin of conscious
synonym study for conscious
OTHER WORDS FROM conscious
WORDS THAT MAY BE CONFUSED WITH consciousconscience conscious
Words nearby conscious
Example sentences from the Web for conscious
To his credit, Huckabee is conscious of the fact that he will need a cluster of deep-pocketed patrons and bundlers.
Can a seven year old—let alone a two year old—really make the conscious calculations necessary to create “true” works of art?
And, as noted with victim blaming, this undermines men as thinking, rational, conscious beings.
And at the time he wrote that letter, Derek was also conscious of his own mortality.
This conscious uncoupling was a big deal because WTF is that even.Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Martin Consciously Couple|Kevin Fallon|August 15, 2014|DAILY BEAST
Mrs. Stoddart sat down by the bed, and presently Annette, as if conscious of her presence, opened her eyes.Notwithstanding|Mary Cholmondeley
Its majestic form, as it towers high above the ordinary works of man, conveys the repose of conscious strength to the beholder.Getting Acquainted with the Trees|J. Horace McFarland
For a fortnight the young soldier remained the same,—feverish, conscious only at intervals.
At the same time, Lois was also conscious of a lack of response, a dullness, in Theodosia.The Wayfarers|Mary Stewart Cutting
I am conscious that while I have taxed your patience, I have given but an imperfect presentation of the subject.Anti-Slavery Opinions before the Year 1800|William Frederick Poole
British Dictionary definitions for conscious
- alert and awake; not sleeping or comatose
- aware of one's surroundings, one's own thoughts and motivations, etc
- aware of and giving value or emphasis to a particular fact or phenomenonI am conscious of your great kindness to me
- (in combination)clothes-conscious
- denoting or relating to a part of the human mind that is aware of a person's self, environment, and mental activity and that to a certain extent determines his choices of action
- (as noun)the conscious is only a small part of the mind