[kuh n-soo-muh-buh l]
- able or meant to be consumed, as by eating, drinking, or using: consumable goods.
- liable to be used up or depleted: comsumable resources.
- Usually consumables. something that is produced to be consumed, as processed food or fuel.
Origin of consumable
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- capable of being consumed
- (usually plural) goods intended to be bought and used; consumer goods
Word Origin and History for consumables
"articles of consumption," 1802, from consumable.
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper