- of or relating to contraposition.
- a contrapositive statement of a proposition.
Origin of contrapositive
Examples from the Web for contrapositive
Historical Examples of contrapositive
Every positive in thought has a contrapositive, and the positive and contrapositive are of the same kind.
For a Disjunctive in I., of course, there is no Contrapositive.Logic
In the case of the I proposition the contrapositive is impossible, as infringing the main rule of conversion.
There is an apparent exception to this when the real Middle in an argument is a contrapositive term, not-M.
- placed opposite or against
- a conditional statement derived from another by negating and interchanging antecedent and consequent
- a categorial proposition obtained from another, esp validly, by any of a number of operations including negation, transferring the terms, changing their quality, and also possibly weakening from universal to particular