- a person who counsels; adviser.
- a faculty member who advises students on personal and academic problems, career choices, and the like.
- an assistant at a children's camp, often a high-school or college student, who supervises a group of children or directs a particular activity, as nature study or a sport.
- a lawyer, especially a trial lawyer; counselor-at-law.
- an official of an embassy or legation who ranks below an ambassador or minister.
Origin of counselor
Synonyms for counselorSee more synonyms for on Thesaurus.com
Related Words for counseloradvocate, instructor, teacher, mentor, counsel, mouthpiece, attorney, solicitor, lip, front, guide, squeal, pleader
Examples from the Web for counselor
Contemporary Examples of counselor
If you identify with two or more of the following traits, you may want to seek out a nutritionist or counselor, according to Dunn.Orthorexia: When Healthy Eating Becomes an Obsession
October 25, 2014
These meetings are the brainchild of Noah Levine, a Buddhist instructor, author, and counselor in Los Angeles.The Buddhist Punk Reforming Drug Rehab
June 16, 2014
“A month before I was arrested, my [high school] counselor took me to see a psychiatrist,” she reported.The First Modern School Shooter Feels Responsible for the Rest
May 30, 2014
Photographer, Baker, Florist, Broadcaster, Counselor, Innkeeper, and Teacher.St. Hippolytus’ Careers Christians Should Never Have
May 4, 2014
At the APAS in Luton, a counselor warned a reporter about similar “risks”.UK Clinics: Abortion Leads To Sex Abuse And Cancer
February 11, 2014
Historical Examples of counselor
Let them run about, then,” said the counselor, “and keep warm.
This counselor was one of my intimate friends, and a pattern of piety.The Autobiography of Madame Guyon
Jeanne Marie Bouvier de La Motte Guyon
In 1827 he was admitted as counselor of the Supreme Court of the State.Hidden Treasures
Harry A. Lewis
"You don't have to instruct me in my judicial duties, Counselor," he said.Lone Star Planet
Henry Beam Piper and John Joseph McGuire
Then he instructed his counselor, Gianluca Pozzi, to answer the Emperor's letter.Lucretia Borgia
Word Origin and History for counselor