- mentally deranged; demented; insane.
- senseless; impractical; totally unsound: a crazy scheme.
- Informal. intensely enthusiastic; passionately excited: crazy about baseball.
- Informal. very enamored or infatuated (usually followed by about): He was crazy about her.
- Informal. intensely anxious or eager; impatient: I'm crazy to try those new skis.
- Informal. unusual; bizarre; singular: She always wears a crazy hat.
- Slang. wonderful; excellent; perfect: That's crazy, man, crazy.
- likely to break or fall to pieces.
- weak, infirm, or sickly.
- having an unusual, unexpected, or random quality, behavior, result, pattern, etc.: a crazy reel that spins in either direction.
- Slang. an unpredictable, nonconforming person; oddball: a house full of crazies who wear weird clothes and come in at all hours.
- the crazies, Slang. a sense of extreme unease, nervousness, or panic; extreme jitters: The crew was starting to get the crazies from being cooped up belowdecks for so long.
- like crazy,
- Slang.with great enthusiasm or energy; to an extreme: We shopped like crazy and bought all our Christmas gifts in one afternoon.
- with great speed or recklessness: He drives like crazy once he's out on the highway.
Origin of crazy
SynonymsSee more synonyms for on Thesaurus.com
Examples from the Web for craziest
“This was by far the craziest and most memorable year of my life,” she says.Porn Stars on the Year in Porn: Drone Erotica, Belle Knox, and Wild Sex
December 27, 2014
But his planned attempt to walk over Chicago while blindfolded may be the craziest yet.Nik Wallenda’s Blindfolded Tightrope Caper: Defying Death Over The Chicago River
November 2, 2014
The craziest of all was Rand Paul, who faulted those who were saying Ebola is not easy to catch.Republicans Want You Scared of Ebola
October 27, 2014
Here, he pits the craziest GoPro footage against his own, which is noticeably less extreme.Viral Video of the Day: How People Really Use Their GoPro
October 2, 2014
The craziest thing I did was that I had to steal an ostrich egg from an ostrich farm that was close to Mexico.How 'The Mindy Project' Star Adam Pally Became Hollywood's Go-To 'Bro'
August 6, 2014
"It's the craziest thing I ever heard," Mrs. Stewart scoffed.The Shining Cow
"Those sure are the craziest outfits I've ever seen," he chuckled.Martian V.F.W.
It was the craziest snow man I had ever seen when we got through.Shenanigans at Sugar Creek
"Yes, that's been the craziest part of it, to me," Johnny said.Gold in the Sky
Alan Edward Nourse
I thought at first it was the craziest thing to do, but I didn't dare say so.Mrs. Dud's Sister
- informal insane
- fantastic; strange; ridiculousa crazy dream
- (postpositive; foll by about or over) informal extremely fond (of)
- slang very good or excellent
- informal a crazy person
Word Origin and History for craziest
1570s, "diseased, sickly," from craze + -y (2). Meaning "full of cracks or flaws" is from 1580s; that of "of unsound mind, or behaving as so" is from 1610s. Jazz slang sense "cool, exciting" attested by 1927. To drive (someone) crazy is attested by 1873. Phrase crazy like a fox recorded from 1935. Crazy Horse, Teton Lakhota (Siouan) war leader (d.1877) translates thašuka witko, literally "his horse is crazy."
Idioms and Phrases with craziest
In addition to the idioms beginning with crazy
- crazy about, be
- crazy like a fox
- drive someone crazy
- like crazy