- a leather strap fastened to the saddle of a harness and looping under the tail of a horse to prevent the harness from slipping forward.
- the rump or buttocks of a horse.
- armor for the rump of a horse.
Origin of crupper
Examples from the Web for crupper
Historical Examples of crupper
Crupper's no hog; he knows when he's had plenty, and New York's good enough for him.
Go on, Mr. Fleming; who else was there besides Crupper, Smollet, and yourself?'
Crupper cabled from Carlsbad that he was ill, and had not been out of bed for a month.
Edouard took a run, and lighted like a monkey on the horse's crupper.White Lies
When the crupper was let out a hole or two it all fitted well.Black Beauty
- a strap from the back of a saddle that passes under the horse's tail to prevent the saddle from slipping forwards
- the part of the horse's rump behind the saddle