- consisting of or bounded by curved lines: a curvilinear figure.
- forming or moving in a curved line.
- formed or characterized by curved lines.
Origin of curvilinear
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- consisting of, bounded by, or characterized by a curved line
- along a curved linecurvilinear motion
- maths (of a set of coordinates) determined by or determining a system of three orthogonal surfaces
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for curvilinearity
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- Formed, bounded, or characterized by curved lines.
The American Heritage® Science Dictionary Copyright © 2011. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.