- cut short; short; stubby.
- irritable; impatient; short-tempered.
- a short spoon.
- a short-stemmed tobacco pipe.
- Informal. an immoral or worthless woman.
Origin of cutty
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- short or cut short
- something cut short, such as a spoon or short-stemmed tobacco pipe
- an immoral girl or woman (in Scotland used as a general term of abuse for a woman)
- a short thickset girl
C18 (Scottish and northern English): from cut (vb)