- of or relating to the former Czechoslovakia, its people, or their language.
- of or relating to the Czech Republic, its people, or their language.
OTHER WORDS FROM Czechan·ti-Czech, adjective, nounnon-Czech, adjective, nounpro-Czech, adjective, noun
Other definitions for Czech (2 of 2)
How to use Czech in a sentence
The former Czech leader, once a global darling of libertarians, is losing friends fast.Vaclav Klaus, Libertarian Hero, Has His Wings Clipped by Cato Institute|James Kirchick|December 22, 2014|DAILY BEAST
Ambassador Shirley Temple Black attributed this to the “deeply risk-averse psychology of the Czech people.”How Havel Inspired the Velvet Revolution|Michael Zantovsky|December 6, 2014|DAILY BEAST
The wounded Czech soldier succumbed to his injuries at a hospital in Prague on July 14.
The bombing left another Czech soldier and eight others wounded.
The following year, in 1998, the U.S. Senate voted 80 to 19 to admit Poland, Hungary, and the Czech Republic into NATO.Blame This Drunken Bear for Vladimir Putin|Eleanor Clift|April 22, 2014|DAILY BEAST
One of them spoke some Czech, tried to understand what was being said.Warren Commission (3 of 26): Hearings Vol. III (of 15)|The President's Commission on the Assassination of President Kennedy
Denmark and Sweden followed suit with translations, and the expression “eternal Jew” passed as a current term into Czech.
An impressive phenomenon in the sunny afternoon; with Daun expectant of them, and the Czech populations well hidden underground!History of Friedrich II. of Prussia, Vol. XVIII. (of XXI.)|Thomas Carlyle
High up on the steeple, mending the clock-hands or I know not what, hung in mid-air one Czech; the only living thing we saw.History of Friedrich II. of Prussia, Vol. XIII. (of XXI.)|Thomas Carlyle
In the beautiful idea of Brezina, the Czech poet, all ideal aims are floating islands that recede as we approach them.mile Verhaeren|Stefan Zweig
British Dictionary definitions for Czech
- of, relating to, or characteristic of the Czech Republic, its people, or its language
- of, relating to, or characteristic of Bohemia and Moravia, their people, or their language
- (loosely) of, relating to, or characteristic of the former Czechoslovakia or its people
- a native or inhabitant of the Czech Republic
- a native or inhabitant of Bohemia or Moravia
- (loosely) a native, inhabitant, or citizen of the former Czechoslovakia