- action aided or caused by the devil; sorcery; witchcraft.
- the character or condition of a devil.
- a doctrine concerning devils.
- a belief in or worship of devils.
- action befitting the devil; deviltry.
Origin of diabolism
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- activities designed to enlist the aid of devils, esp in witchcraft or sorcery
- worship of devils or beliefs and teachings concerning them
- the nature of devils
- character or conduct that is devilish or fiendish; devilry
Word Origin and History for diabolist
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper