[ dahy-ab-uh-liz-uhm ]
/ daɪˈæb əˌlɪz əm /
- action aided or caused by the devil; sorcery; witchcraft.
- the character or condition of a devil.
- a doctrine concerning devils.
- a belief in or worship of devils.
action befitting the devil; deviltry.
LEARN THE SPANISH WORDS FOR THESE COMMON ANIMALS!
Are you learning Spanish? Or do you just have an interest in foreign languages? Either way, this quiz on Spanish words for animals is for you.
Question 1 of 13
How do you say “cat” 🐈 in Spanish?
OTHER WORDS FROM diabolismdi·ab·o·list, noun
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2021
British Dictionary definitions for diabolism
/ (daɪˈæbəˌlɪzəm) /
- activities designed to enlist the aid of devils, esp in witchcraft or sorcery
- worship of devils or beliefs and teachings concerning them
- the nature of devils
character or conduct that is devilish or fiendish; devilry
Derived forms of diabolismdiabolist, noun
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012