[ dahy-ab-uh-liz-uhm ]
/ daɪˈæb əˌlɪz əm /
Save This Word!
- action aided or caused by the devil; sorcery; witchcraft.
- the character or condition of a devil.
- a doctrine concerning devils.
- a belief in or worship of devils.
action befitting the devil; deviltry.
CAN YOU ANSWER THESE COMMON GRAMMAR DEBATES?
There are grammar debates that never die; and the ones highlighted in the questions in this quiz are sure to rile everyone up once again. Do you know how to answer the questions that cause some of the greatest grammar debates?
Question 1 of 7
Which sentence is correct?
OTHER WORDS FROM diabolismdi·ab·o·list, noun
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2023
British Dictionary definitions for diabolism
/ (daɪˈæbəˌlɪzəm) /
- activities designed to enlist the aid of devils, esp in witchcraft or sorcery
- worship of devils or beliefs and teachings concerning them
- the nature of devils
character or conduct that is devilish or fiendish; devilry
Derived forms of diabolismdiabolist, noun
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012