- Also doc·u·men·tal [dok-yuh-men-tl] /ˌdɒk yəˈmɛn tl/. pertaining to, consisting of, or derived from documents: a documentary history of France.
- Movies, Television. based on or re-creating an actual event, era, life story, etc., that purports to be factually accurate and contains no fictional elements: a documentary life of Gandhi.
- Movies, Television. a documentary film, radio or television program, etc.
Origin of documentary
Examples from the Web for documental
Historical Examples of documental
All these and other indications are surely as strong as documental proof.
Germany did her utmost to prevent it; for this assertion the world has documental proof.
Traces of religious houses, some existing only in traditionary or documental records, are also numerous.
With these lights Milanesi's documental "Arnolphus de Cambii" may be accounted for.
- Also: documental consisting of, derived from, or relating to documents
- presenting factual material with little or no fictional additionsthe book gives a documentary account of the war
- a factual film or television programme about an event, person, etc, presenting the facts with little or no fiction