- the set of values assigned to the independent variables of a function.
- region(def 11a).
- a group of computers and devices on a network that are administered under the same protocol.
- the top level in a domain name, indicating the type of organization, geographical location, or both, and officially designated in the suffix, as .edu for institutions of higher education.
TAKE ROUND 2 OF OUR PSAT VOCABULARY QUIZ!
Origin of domain
OTHER WORDS FROM domaindo·ma·ni·al, adjective
Words nearby domain
Example sentences from the Web for domain
As it turns out, my cell phone number had been searchable through a GoDaddy domain listing I obtained several years ago.A Female Writer’s New Milestone: Her First Death Threat|Annie Gaus|December 1, 2014|DAILY BEAST
But for the National Draft Ben Carson for President PAC to get going, they needed a Web domain.Ben Carson’s Bizarrely Serious, Seriously Bizarre Campaign Crew|Olivia Nuzzi|November 12, 2014|DAILY BEAST
The executive suite has been the domain of the talls: Barack Obama is six-one.For Short Men in 2014, The News Is Surprisingly Good|Kevin Bleyer|September 13, 2014|DAILY BEAST
And in August, the same eBay account put the domain Newsball.com up for auction, for $21,000,000.
An alert soul got hold for the domain allianceforastrongamerica.com and produced a more informative parody.
But nowhere, save perhaps in the domain of religion, does hypocrisy play a greater part than in the sexual domain.The Sexual Question|August Forel
On the eighth, Menendez took formal possession of his domain.Pioneers Of France In The New World|Francis Parkman, Jr.
They roamed about their domain with the satisfaction of princes in a palace.Blow The Man Down|Holman Day
It is to be hoped that 243 this picturesque and useful race will be allowed to extend its domain.Wild Life on the Rockies|Enos A. Mills
Sleep, being a function, is outside the domain of the will, and he had had little of it since Tuesday.Black Oxen|Gertrude Franklin Horn Atherton
British Dictionary definitions for domain
- the set of values of the independent variable of a function for which the functional value existsthe domain of sin x is all real numbers Compare range (def. 8a)
- any open set containing at least one point