- distance learning.
- computer-based learning: E-learning encompasses skills practice, research, and communication.
- of or relating to e-learning: e-learning tools; e-learning software.
Origin of e-learning
- education in which students receive instruction over the Internet, from a video, etc., instead of going to school.
Also called distance education, e-learning.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- an internet-based teaching system
C20: e lectronic learning
- a teaching system consisting of video, audio, and written material designed for a person to use in studying a subject at home