- the branch of chemistry that deals with the chemical changes produced by electricity and the production of electricity by chemical changes.
Origin of electrochemistry
Examples from the Web for electrochemical
Historical Examples of electrochemical
He was an electrochemical engineer, specializing in cold lighting.Accidental Flight
Floyd L. Wallace
The 5th series is occupied with his electrochemical researches.
The electrochemical apparatus was a voltameter containing a definite compound to be electrolysed, or a voltaic cell or battery.
The number ε is a definite quantity of the element, and is called its electrochemical equivalent.
An electrochemical stimulus then irritates the subconscious until it fully wakes up.They Twinkled Like Jewels
Philip Jos Farmer
- of or relating to electrochemistry
- the branch of chemistry concerned with the study of electric cells and electrolysis
- Of or relating to chemical reactions brought about by electricity; galvanochemical.
- The scientific study of the electrical aspects of chemical reactions, especially the changes they bring about in the arrangement and energy of electrons. Electrochemistry is vital to the study of electrolysis, power generation by electric cells, and the transmission of electrical signals by neurons.