- a curve or plot automatically traced by the action of an electric device, as an electrometer or an electrically controlled pen.
- Printing. an apparatus for engraving metal plates on cylinders used in printing.
- an apparatus for electrically transmitting pictures.
- a picture produced by such a device.
Origin of electrograph
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for electrograph
They were answering calls for electrograph and viewplate records on all sorts of subjects from all sections of the city.Armageddon--2419 A.D.
Philip Francis Nowlan
- an apparatus for engraving metal printing cylinders, esp in gravure printing
- the equipment used for the electrical transmission of pictures
- a recording electrometer
- a graph produced by this instrument
- a visual record of the surface composition of a metal, obtained by placing an electrolyte-soaked paper over the metal and passing a current through the paper to an electrode on the other side