- a person or thing that emits.
- Electronics. an electrode on a transistor from which a flow of electrons or holes enters the region between the electrodes.
Origin of emitter
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for emitter
As an emitter he was only fair, but he was the best behoover I ever saw anywhere.Europe Revised
Irvin S. Cobb
- a person or thing that emits
- a radioactive substance that emits radiationa beta emitter
- the region in a transistor in which the charge-carrying holes or electrons originate
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012