- Fortification. the space, platform, or the like, for a gun or battery and its accessories.
- a putting in place or position; location: the emplacement of a wall.
- the intrusion of igneous rocks into a particular position.
- the development of an ore deposit in a particular place.
Origin of emplacement
Related Words for emplacementplacement, space, spot, site, station, place, location, situation, positioning
Examples from the Web for emplacement
Historical Examples of emplacement
All the sand for the fill around the emplacement was obtained in the same way.Concrete Construction
Halbert P. Gillette
It has a Palazzo Ducale most remarkable in its architecture and its emplacement.Italian Highways and Byways from a Motor Car
They were commanded by de Villiers, who dashed for the emplacement of gun.South Africa and the Boer-British War, Volume I
J. Castell Hopkins
Eagerly they looked to discover some signs of the emplacement of the big gun.Air Service Boys Over The Rhine
Charles Amory Beach
By way of retaliation, I leaned over and shot at what looked like an emplacement.Cavalry of the Clouds
- a prepared position for the siting of a gun or other weapon
- the act of putting or state of being put in place