- marriage within a specific tribe or similar social unit.Compare exogamy(def 1).
Origin of endogamy
Examples from the Web for endogamous
Historical Examples of endogamous
The evidence does not show, however, that it was endogamous.
These divisions were once endogamous, but this distinction has now disappeared.
They recognize no endogamous sub-divisions, but have exogamous septs.
They have two endogamous sub-divisions, called Kodi and Peringala.
The same community cannot be 'both exogamous and endogamous,' as some suppose.Social Origins and Primal Law
- anthropol marriage within one's own tribe or similar unitCompare exogamy (def. 1)
- pollination between two flowers on the same plant
- Reproduction by the fusion of gametes of similar ancestry.
- Marriage within a particular group in accordance with custom or law.