- an expert on environmental problems.
- any person who advocates or works to protect the air, water, animals, plants, and other natural resources from pollution or its effects.
- a person who believes that differences between individuals or groups, especially in moral and intellectual attributes, are predominantly determined by environmental factors, as surroundings, upbringing, or experience (opposed to hereditarian).
Origin of environmentalist
Examples from the Web for environmentalism
Contemporary Examples of environmentalism
Will he be passionate about environmentalism like Charles, or global humanitarian causes like his late grandmother Diana?Happy Birthday, Prince George! Will the Wee Royal Be the First King of the 22nd Century?
July 21, 2014
The pollution that 1970s environmentalism targeted was also more concrete.
The environmentalism of the early 1970s was not just a pragmatic response to a technical problem.
So the environmentalism that once worked so well is stymied by climate change.
Graves wrote gracefully about everything from guns to dogs to environmentalism, and he always kept his eyes open.The Deaths You Missed This Year
Malcolm Jones, Jimmy So, Michael Moynihan, Caitlin Dickson
December 30, 2013
- psychol the belief that a person's behaviour is affected chiefly by his environmentCompare hereditarianism
- an adherent of environmentalism
- a person who is concerned with the maintenance of ecological balance and the conservation of the environment
- a person concerned with issues that affect the environment, such as pollution