- an expert on environmental problems.
- any person who advocates or works to protect the air, water, animals, plants, and other natural resources from pollution or its effects.
- a person who believes that differences between individuals or groups, especially in moral and intellectual attributes, are predominantly determined by environmental factors, as surroundings, upbringing, or experience (opposed to hereditarian).
Origin of environmentalist
Examples from the Web for environmentalist
Contemporary Examples of environmentalist
Humans aside, of course, there are other concerns for Lowe, who describes herself as “kind of” an environmentalist.Meet the Anti-Pot Activists
January 31, 2014
An environmentalist group wants hurricanes and storm systems named after politicians who adamantly deny global warming exists.Hurricane Marco Rubio: Name the Storms After Those Who Deny Global Warming Exists
September 9, 2013
Meisel is an EMT, an environmentalist, and an urban revivalist.Millennial males seek work-life balance too
September 2, 2013
Ma Jun, a leading Chinese environmentalist, confirmed genuine changes appeared to be taking place.China’s Chernobyl Cleans Up Its Act
October 25, 2012
Aram Roston and Christine Pelisek on the environmentalist CEO, who is stepping back after the incident.Commerce Secretary on Leave After Mystery Crash
Aram Roston, Christine Pelisek
June 12, 2012
- an adherent of environmentalism
- a person who is concerned with the maintenance of ecological balance and the conservation of the environment
- a person concerned with issues that affect the environment, such as pollution