- Geology. an eruptive rock.
Origin of eruptive
Related Words for eruptivemeteoric, frenzied, stormy, touchy, hazardous, ugly, violent, tense, fiery, unstable, uncontrollable, wild, charged, consequential, ebullient, forceful, impetuous, overwrought, perilous, raging
Examples from the Web for eruptive
Historical Examples of eruptive
She was delivered of a child on the 1st day of the eruptive stage.
Rheumatic and eruptive fevers are more liable to induce abortion.Zoonomia, Vol. II
The second class of prominences are best described as eruptive.The Story of the Heavens
Robert Stawell Ball
Measles is the most widely prevalent, eruptive, contagious disease.The Eugenic Marriage, Volume IV. (of IV.)
"Hell's red hole," came the visitor's eruptive outburst of amazement.The Roof Tree
Charles Neville Buck
- erupting or tending to erupt
- resembling or of the nature of an eruption
- (of rocks) formed from such products as ash and lava resulting from volcanic eruptions
- (of a disease) characterized by skin eruptions