- stirred emotionally; agitated: An excited crowd awaited the arrival of the famed rock group.
- stimulated to activity; brisk: an excited buying and selling of stocks.
Origin of excited
Synonyms for excitedSee more synonyms for on Thesaurus.com
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Related Words for excitednessexcitement, joy, ebullience, exhilaration, vitality, vim, liveliness, gaiety, zing, animation, exuberance, buoyancy, happiness, volatility, excitedness
- emotionally aroused, esp to pleasure or agitation
- characterized by excitementan excited dance
- sexually aroused
- (of an atom, molecule, etc) occupying an energy level above the ground state
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
1650s, "magnetically or electrically stimulated;" modern sense of "agitated" attested 1855; past participle adjective from excite. Related: Excitedly.
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper