THINK YOU’VE GOT A HANDLE ON THIS US STATE NICKNAME QUIZ?
Words nearby fifteenth
Example sentences from the Web for fifteenth
This edition of Fotofest, its fifteenth, is titled View From Inside: Contemporary Arab Video, Photography and Mixed Media Art.Fotofest Brings Unprecedented Collection of Arab Photographic Art to U.S.|Yael Friedman|November 11, 2013|DAILY BEAST
On this coming March fifteenth we will be unpopular with more millions of taxpayers than ever before.A Tip of the Fedora to Elmer Lincoln Irey, the Patron Saint of the IRS|John L. Smith|July 7, 2013|DAILY BEAST
The most persistent story about the Garter was first recorded in the fifteenth century.
That he would camp near Lone Jack on the evening of the fifteenth, and wanted Thompson to join him thar.The Courier of the Ozarks|Byron A. Dunn
Several laws for the resumption of Crown lands were passed by the Parliaments of the fourteenth and fifteenth centuries.The History of England from the Accession of James II.|Thomas Babington Macaulay
Ducking back through the firedoor, he ran quickly up to the sixteenth floor, up past the fifteenth.
The approximate date is probably about the middle of the fifteenth century.
Many episcopal visitations took place during the fourteenth, fifteenth, and sixteenth centuries.
British Dictionary definitions for fifteenth
- coming after the fourteenth in order, position, time, etc. Often written: 15th
- (as noun)the fifteenth of the month
- one of 15 equal or nearly equal parts of something
- (as modifier)a fifteenth part
- an interval of two octaves
- one of two notes constituting such an interval in relation to the other, esp the one higher in pitch
- an organ stop of diapason quality sounding a note two octaves higher than that normally produced by the key depressed; a two-foot stop