- a person or thing that greases.
- Slang: Extremely Disparaging and Offensive. a contemptuous term used to refer to a Latin American, especially a Mexican.
- Slang. a swaggering young tough, especially a member of a street gang.
Origin of greaser
Examples from the Web for greaser
Historical Examples of greaser
The orders were: "Fire at will, and make every shot bring down a greaser!"For the Liberty of Texas
An' you're askin' me to believe it on the word of a greaser with a rope around his neck.Oh, You Tex!
William Macleod Raine
He's a Greaser or an Italian, and, I reckon, goes with his kind.
The greaser made such a disturbance that the jailer let him keep it.The Secret Wireless
Lewis E. Theiss
You—you make me wish that greaser had finished me, down at the well.Play the Game!
Ruth Comfort Mitchell
- a mechanic, esp of motor vehicles
- a semiskilled engine attendant aboard a merchant ship
- a young long-haired motorcyclist, usually one of a gang
- an unpleasant person, esp one who ingratiates himself with superiors
early 14c. (as a surname), "one who smears salve on a sheep," agent noun from grease (v.). As derogatory American English slang for "native Mexican or Latin American," first attested 1849, so called from appearance. Greaseball in same sense from 1934.