- covered with hair; having much hair.
- consisting of or resembling hair: moss of a hairy texture.
- causing anxiety or fright: a hairy trip through the rapids.
- full of hardship or difficulty: a hairy exam; a hairy illness.
Origin of hairy
Synonyms for hairySee more synonyms for on Thesaurus.com
Examples from the Web for hairiness
Contemporary Examples of hairiness
Porter finds that loving a hirsute man is also about accepting the mixed messages his hairiness might imply.An Ode to Shaggy Men
October 23, 2009
Historical Examples of hairiness
This varies a good deal in hairiness and there are several varieties.
They are occasionally white and the plants vary in size and hairiness.
Fuzz, or hairiness, usually occurs on the wire side of the sheet.From Paper-mill to Pressroom
William Bond Wheelwright
Hairiness of foot-soles in type slightly less than shown in figure 20.American Weasels
E. Raymond Hall
Usually the hairiness of the Oblong Woodsia is very pronounced.How to Know the Ferns
S. Leonard Bastin
- having or covered with hair
- difficult or problematic
- scaring, dangerous, or exciting
- Covered with hair or hairlike projections.
- Consisting of or resembling hair.