- a game, similar to squash, played by two or four persons who strike a small ball against a wall or walls with the hand.
- the small, hard rubber ball used in this game.
Origin of handball
Examples from the Web for handball
Historical Examples of handball
She then set it down, and rang a handball two or three times sharply.The Room in the Dragon Volant
J. Sheridan LeFanu
When I was in college I was very fond of handball and was a member of the handball team.Power of Mental Imagery
The action around the handball court was beautiful to watch.Anything You Can Do ...
Gordon Randall Garrett
For poetry is as much a part of convent school-life as is handball.Why Joan?
Eleanor Mercein Kelly
Thus the game is really a combination of football and handball.
- a game in which two teams of seven players try to throw a ball into their opponent's goal
- a game in which two or four people strike a ball against a wall or walls with the hand, usually gloved
- the small hard rubber ball used in this game
- soccer the offence committed when a player other than a goalkeeper in his own penalty area touches the ball with a hand
- Australian rules football to pass (the ball) with a blow of the fist