- manual skill.
- an art, craft, or trade in which the skilled use of one's hands is required.
- the articles made by handicraft: a shop offering the handicraft of various South American nations.
Origin of handicraft
Related Words for handicraftcraft, art, artifact, product, invention, creation, profession, calling, production, design, achievement, trade, vocation, handiwork, result, artisanship
Examples from the Web for handicraft
Contemporary Examples of handicraft
And after I graduated, I succeeded in finding a job in handicraft and embroidery.Meryl Streep Tells Zarcquona's Story
September 16, 2011
Historical Examples of handicraft
Machinery is a triumph of handicraft as truly as sculpture and architecture.
Cellini was remarkable for his readiness and dexterity in handicraft.Self-Help
We admit so much, but our handicraft was certainly not to blame.Brighter Britain! (Volume 1 of 2)
William Delisle Hay
Yet perhaps he succeeded as well in it as he would have done at any handicraft.Saved from the Sea
The joint is self-wedging and will be of interest to Handicraft Instructors.Woodwork Joints
- skill or dexterity in working with the hands
- a particular skill or art performed with the hands, such as weaving, pottery, etc
- Also called: handcraft the work produced by such a skill or artlocal handicraft is on sale