- a person or thing that hardens.
- a substance mixed with paint or other protective covering to make the finish harder or more durable.
- Photography. a chemical used to raise the melting point of an emulsion.
Origin of hardener
Examples from the Web for hardener
Historical Examples of hardener
She was a harmful woman, a destroyer of young tempers, a hardener of young hearts.Stage Confidences
Guet and guiv demand dhe (u) hardener, az boldly az gues and guilt.A Minniature ov Inglish Orthoggraphy
A recent rival of tungsten both as a filament for lamps and hardener for steel is molybdenum.Creative Chemistry
Edwin E. Slosson
- a person or thing that hardens
- a substance added to paint or varnish to increase durability
- an ingredient of certain adhesives and synthetic resins that accelerates or promotes setting