- Also called chevron, chevron weave, herringbone weave . a type of twill weave having this pattern.
- a fabric constructed with this weave.
- a garment made from such a fabric, especially a suit.
CAN YOU GUESS THESE WORDS FROM AROUND THE US?
Words nearby herringbone
Example sentences from the Web for herringbone
A turtleneck gray sweater—it was herringbone tweed—and a cap.Pryor Dodge's Two-Wheeled Obsession Is Now a Museum of Bike History|Anthony Haden-Guest|September 15, 2014|DAILY BEAST
Trim the edges of the patch smooth and herringbone stitch with ravelings around it.Handicraft for Girls|Idabelle McGlauflin
This was going to be one of the Herringbone's more unendurable voyages, Iversen knew.
"You purposely got Harkaway to take you aboard the Herringbone," Iversen interrupted wrathfully.
British Dictionary definitions for herringbone
- a pattern used in textiles, brickwork, etc, consisting of two or more rows of short parallel strokes slanting in alternate directions to form a series of parallel Vs or zigzags
- (as modifier)a herringbone jacket; a herringbone pattern of very long, narrow bricks