- the owner or holder of a homestead.
- a settler under the Homestead Act.
Origin of homesteader
Related Words for homesteaderpilgrim, colonist, immigrant, settler, rancher, peasant, laborer, producer, grower, founder, scout, explorer, guide, developer, squatter, leader, innovator, pathfinder, homesteader, trailblazer
Examples from the Web for homesteader
Historical Examples of homesteader
"I——," but Dan had turned his back and his attention to the homesteader.
A half hour passed and every homesteader was sleeping soundly.Virginia of Elk Creek Valley
Mary Ellen Chase
I paused one afternoon to talk to a homesteader on the prairie.Watched by Wild Animals
Enos A. Mills
The young Homesteader left without confiding his plans to anybody.Homestead
Arthur G. Burgoyne
Is not this the history of the frontiersman or homesteader everywhere at all times?The New Stone Age in Northern Europe
John M. Tyler
- a person owning a homestead
- US and Canadian a person who acquires or possesses land under a homestead law
- a person taking part in a homesteading scheme