- consisting of a horn or a hornlike substance; corneous.
- having a horn or horns or hornlike projections; horned.
- hornlike as a result of hardening; callous: horny hands.
- Slang: Vulgar.
- sexually excited.
- Archaic. semiopaque or somewhat translucent, like horn.
Origin of horny
Examples from the Web for horniness
Horniness packs side-by-side by with a deeper loneliness along the walls of The Park.The Craziest Date Night for Single Jews, Where Mistletoe Is Ditched for Shots
December 26, 2014
- of, like, or hard as horn
- having a horn or horns
- sexually aroused
- provoking or intended to provoke sexual arousal
- sexually eager or lustful
Word Origin and History for horniness
"lustful, sexually aroused," definitely in use 1889, perhaps attested as early as 1863; from late 18c. slang expression to have the horn, suggestive of male sexual excitement (but eventually applied to women as well); see horn (n.).
- Made of horn or a similar substance.
- Tough and calloused, as of skin.