- to institute as a cardinal.
- to institute as chief presbyter or priest in a particular church or place.
Origin of incardinate
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- the official acceptance by one diocese of a clergyman from another diocese
- the promotion of a clergyman to the status of a cardinal
- (tr) RC Church to transfer (a cleric) to the jurisdiction of a new bishop
C17: from Late Latin incardināre, from in- ² + cardinālis cardinal