- (of two or more propositions) unable to be true simultaneously.
- (of two or more attributes of an object) unable to belong to the object simultaneously; inconsistent.
- two or more propositions that cannot be true simultaneously.
- two or more attributes that cannot simultaneously belong to the same object.
Origin of incompatible
Synonyms for incompatible
Examples from the Web for incompatibles
Historical Examples of incompatibles
He just leaves us with the juxtaposition of two incompatibles.A History of Mediaeval Jewish Philosophy
There is somewhat which is untouched in the contention of incompatibles.Essays in Experimental Logic
They are the permanent and fundamental hostilities and incompatibles.Instigations
"Incompatibles can be made to agree by the authority of the Pope."German Society at the Close of the Middle Ages
Ernest Belfort Bax
Phil's father and mother were among the great army of incompatibles.The Trail of Conflict
Emilie Baker Loring
- not capable of forming successful grafts
- incapable of fertilizing each other