- very numerous or not easily counted, as stamens.
- (of an inflorescence) indeterminate.
- indefinite article,
- indefinite integral,
- indefinite number,
- indefinite pronoun,
- indefinite relative clause
Origin of indefinite
Examples from the Web for indefiniteness
For the men who were thus enamoured of indefiniteness, of shifting sentiments and flexible creeds, were Gnostic heretics.Expositor's Bible: The Epistles of St. John|William Alexander
I need not tell you the irksomeness of business is much increased, and one's purposes unmanned by this indefiniteness.
In both cases Mr. Mill confounds infinity with indefiniteness.The Philosophy of the Conditioned|H. L. Mansel
As concerns the indefiniteness of the dream, it is after all a characteristic like any other.A General Introduction to Psychoanalysis|Sigmund Freud
Of the details we know little: they are involved in indefiniteness, uncertainty, and doubt.The Discovery of America by the Northmen, 985-1015|Edmund Farwell Slafter
- too numerous to countindefinite stamens
- capable of continued growth at the tip of the stem, which does not terminate in a floweran indefinite inflorescence