- Geology. located in, taking place in, or resulting from action beneath the lithosphere.
- Petrography. noting or pertaining to crystallization of magma that begins previous to its extrusion on the surface.
Origin of intratelluric
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- (of rocks and their constituents, processes, etc) formed or occurring below the surface of the earth
- denoting crystals formed at depth before magma erupted at the earth's surface
- denoting the period during which crystallization took place
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012