- a person or thing that inverts.
- Electricity. a device that converts direct current into alternating current.
Origin of inverter
Examples from the Web for inverter
Contemporary Examples of inverter
Grid Alternatives receives equipment donations from solar panel and inverter manufacturers such as SunPower and Enphase.Grid Alternatives Combats Poverty by Installing Solar Arrays on Roofs of Low-Income Households
September 3, 2013
Historical Examples of inverter
We can use automobile batteries, and the inverter will give us 110 AC for a while, until the batteries run down.
They have a portable loud-speaker system, and there is an inverter, as you call it, at the transmitter.
- any device for converting a direct current into an alternating current
- computing another name for NOT circuit
- An electronic device that reverses the sign of the current or voltage of a signal or power source. Also called phase inverter
- An electrical device used to convert direct current into alternating current.